player

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Billy Crystal!

Mike sent us a text message last night saying that he was at Billy Crystal's birthday party. Bastard. He did the press for Mr. Crystal's one man Broadway show. I thought it was cool that he was there, but I didn't think *that* much of it b/c she's always going and doing that. It could just as easily been Liza or Robert Goulet (I mean, if Mr. Goulet were still celebrating birthdays here on earth).


But later in the evening he sent a text msg saying, "Okay. Just had an hour conversation with barbara walters -- wow. And now sitting 2 seats down from robin williams and 9 seats away from billy c and directly across from r deniro. Around a square tabel of 40 with an empty square n the middle. This is truly amazing. Life is good. XoxoMH"


So, that was a little more impressive.


I can't help but picture our children, in a few years, flying out to see their Godfather and meeting people like this. They have charmed lives.


I also kept picturing Mike at this party surreptitiously texting people, not wanting to let on that he was texting accolades and disbelief. Very cute and silly of her.


I know I wrote at some point recently that he had dinner with Bill Moyers (one of my heroes, a fellow Texan and a University of Texas alum).





Baby Girl is still a mess though, no matter who he parties with. She is such a mess, she better not leave me a MESSage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that gives "swizzle stick" a whole new meaning. Remind me to stay away from Paige with a camera - she'll put anything up on the web.