player

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Michael

Michael and Matt are Godfathers to our children. I've known Mike since 1984 when I was a freshmen at The University of Texas. Mike and I worked together at Amy's Ice Creams. I trained him to scoop ice cream - he has some funny stories about that.

Mike is the most positive and energy-filled person I know. He is a spiritual entity. He always wants to laugh and laugh hard. He pursues joy relentlessly. He wants you to be funny and make him laugh. If you have ever done or said anything that he thinks is very funny he will make you do it over and over again for the rest of your life (see Dave). And he'll laugh as hard the 150th time as he did the 1st.

Michael is a successful press agent, handling a good deal of the shows that are on Broadway at any given time (Barlow-Hartman).

He has a house in upstate NY where we spent Christmas a few years ago. Our boys love him. Someday when they are old enough they will go to NY to visit him on their own.

Mike had colon cancer a few years ago - almost the exact same time my dad was diagnosed. He had part of his colon removed and for insurance he had 6 months of chemotherapy. Today he has a clean bill of health.

Mike is single now. He and his partner Matt broke up over a year ago. That was very hard on them and on us. I mean they were the Godparents.

Now I think Mike should go out with Anderson Cooper. I want him to find someone who is doing important things in the world. It's actually very selfish on my part. I want to meet Anderson Cooper.

No comments: