player

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Marriage Posts

Valentine's Day 2008:
What a wonderful time to be married and in love with my wonderful husband. What a truly remarkable man he is. So responsible, funny, caring, thorough, resourceful, silly and fabulous he is. He's got soul, he's got class, he's got style, he's bad ass.



Early February 2008:
What are the things we value and draw to us as a family?
Education - we spend a great deal of our money on the children's education
Philathropy - we believe in supporting a progressive Christian agenda, arts and cultural institutions, and our hometowns (particularly Doug's)
Environment - we shop organic, recycle, reduce and reuse. We try to eat local. We have almost given up plastic shopping bags.



January 2008:
Doug and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary in 2007. My marriage continues to be one of the things of which I am most proud.

2005:
I remember the first time I ever saw Doug. It was at Bill Condee's house in Athens, OH. There is always a party at the beginning of the year for the new studio to meet the 2nd year students and the faculty (at Ohio University). So, I was walking through the party with Lisa (see Lisa) and saw him and he took my breath away.

We were both seeing other people and we both broke up with people we were seeing over the same summer. When I heard that he was single I was so excited!

Doug and I started seeing each other in October 1994 in Cleveland, Ohio. Then we moved to New York. We got married in October of 1997.

No one can make me laugh like Douglas. There are times when I'm really mad at him and he makes me laugh and I really don't want to laugh and I get even madder because I want to be mad.

No comments: