player

Monday, November 07, 2005

Leigh Ann

Everybody calls her Leigh (or mispronounces it Lay. Really. So stupid), but I call her Leigh Ann as a form of endearment. I haven't known Leigh long but we hit it off right away.

Leigh is beautiful girl. Absolutely stunning. It's funny, although she takes a great picture, I have never seen a photograph of her that comes even close to representing her beauty in person.

Leigh is very active and extremely fit. She is as stubborn as anyone I know (me and Doug included). She is exceptionally nice to strangers and sales people - a mark of true character (Lisa's the same way). Leigh is fiercely competitive and displays great sportsmanship.

A year ago November 10, Leigh had a baby girl. I saw that baby come into the world. So, if nothing else happens to bind us together, that would suffice; that I witnessed the birth of Leigh and Alex's first child.

Leigh's husband Alex is British. She calls him Al, which I always thinks is so funny because he is so NOT an Al as I think of Al. Like he's not a Bud or a Lou or a Ralph.

Leigh and I used to work together and she stopped working when her daughter was born. It sort of surprised me that she stayed home. But then it didn't really surprise me either. Whatever Leigh does she is going to give it her all.

Leigh has very good taste and a flair for design and it takes her a very long time to make a decision. She doesn't mind spending a lot of time making a decision. For me, that's agony. I hate spending any time deciding something and I don't know why. I really want to get past deciding. I want to have decided. Leigh enjoys the process of deciding something. She doesn't mind being in an undecided state. She is comfortable not being sure or absolute.

Leigh is always very competent and comfortable. She finds out the best things to buy or to do. She reminds me of a character in a Somerset Maugham play called Our Betters who always has the latest rage in her parlor - the latest violinist, the most sought-after singer, to entertain her guests.

Leigh is someone I would love to meet all these other friends... Maybe someday. Maybe we'll go to New York someday.

No comments: