player

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Lisa

2-24-08

I went over to Lisa's this morning (the cocktail party was last night) and we watched a video tape of a Christmas cabaret that we did at the Cleveland Play House. It was so strange to see. It was 1994 I believe and we all looked so young! We did this really funny version of Santa Claus is coming to town and we tap danced and Andy and I had this whole banter like we were lousy lounge singers (but way before Ana Gasteyer and Will Ferrell did it). Good Times.




2-7-08
Lisa is graciously hosting a cocktail party for us on the Saturday night that we are in NYC! She called me yesterday to say that she had randomly run into Jon Stewart! Talk about laws of attraction! We were all thinking of each other recently and then people I love start bumping into each other!




From 2005:
I met Lisa at Ohio University. Lisa is full of sweetness and kindness. Lisa and I hit it off right away. During our time in grad school I could be with Lis 24 hours a day, 7 days a week without thinking about it. She probably got sick of me because I was always over at her apartment. I lived in the dorm and she had a really cool apartment (cool for Athens) on Court Street right by the School of Theatre. Very convenient.

Lisa is a very well-to-do Jew, but you wouldn't know it. Not the part about her being Jewish, but about being well-to-do. Actually, I didn't know she was Jewish until she told me, but then I am kind of slow on that (her maiden name was a pretty Jewish name but that stuff never occurs to me for some reason).

The guy who lived next door to Lisa was an undergrad who played really loud music and stayed up late (I did that as an undergrad too, but we were annoyed by it at the time). One day as he passed us in the hallway he looked at Lisa and said, "Hi Debbie!" If I told Lisa that story right now we'd laugh so hard we'd squeal.

One time Lisa and I were out at a bar on Court Street and these two undergrad guys were sort of hitting on us and making up all this BS about how they were going to audition for Richard III (which the School of Theatre was about to do) and I just looked at this guy who was doing most of the talking and said, "Hey, you know, we just aren't really interested. Thanks anyway, but why don't you just move along. Just move along." I think he called me a bitch but I can't remember.

One time Lisa farted backstage (actually in the Vom) and it smelled so awful that I told her I could see it. We laughed about that for hours.

One time we were sleeping in the same bed and I tried to kiss her (I was having a dream).

Lisa played a german woman in a play once and there's this line she'll always say from it that cracks me up (pausing to laugh right now) - she says, "Ah'm afwaid Ah'm goingk to haffve to efvict you!" It's very funny. Part of it is the look she has on her face when she says it.

Lisa photographs better than anyone I know. She is a beautiful girl and she is extremely photogenic. I mean really. You can't take a bad picture of her. I think I'm pretty cute and I never take a good picture. Never. My best photo looks horrible next to Lisa's worst.

Lisa moved to NY before Doug and me. She moved with her boyfriend David who I could not stand (Women have notoriously bad taste in Men, see Amy). Her boyfriend was a salesman. And everything that entails. Plus he treated Lisa like crap.

Lisa is married to Eric who is super great, funny, brilliant lawyer, interesting and nice. They have 2 boys just like us. I would do anything for Lisa. Not that she really needs anything from me - she's hard to buy for. But I would do anything for her if she ever needed me to.

No comments: