player

Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas Hair Bows

http://www.abunchofbows.com/smalchrishai.html

Ok, this is so funny. When I see the two words Hair Bow together, I think of UT Bow Heads. I don't know if everyone had bow heads in the 1980s, but in Austin we had this sect or class of girls. The bow head:
1. in a sorority. And not some lame one like KD. Tri-Delt, Theta, Chi Omega
2. wore those nylon soccer/jogging shorts. When I think of the things we wore that gave us no shape at all and yet that's what was in. And they wore them really low on their hips.
3. always had on big oversized t-shirts with the short-sleeved arms rolled up so they looked sleeveless. You had to have really skinny arms to roll your sleeves up like that and not have your shoulders and upper arms look manly. I know because I didn't.
4. Hair always pulled into a tight ponytail almost on the top of your head - tied with, you guessed, a big bow.

Now the bows got BIG. And these girls may not all have been stupid, but they sure looked like they were and they certainly sounded like they were. Every sentence began with "Ummmm..." Except it was more like Ehmmmm....

I shudder to think of it.

No comments: