player

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sad Today



Today is the second anniversary of Granny's passing and I miss her as much today as I did that day two years ago. I've experienced a wave a grief lately - the kind of grief that made me wonder if this was only the 1st anniversary... I had to think about it, no, no, this is two years.

My friend Jon once said that as time passes a new kind of grief comes from getting by without the person you miss. You almost feel sorry that you haven't collapsed and been unable to continue because that would be a reaction commensurate with your love and longing for your loved one. He's right. Sometimes it feels so bad to have gone days without thinking of Granny.

But it's just a cycle and it ebbs and flows like anything.
Today it's very present.

No comments: