player

Thursday, April 16, 2009

FOR THE EYE and The sun doesn't move

Emery has to take these eye drops every day for his allergies - it's called Pataday and it comes in this teeney little bottle that you'd swear holds about 3 drops. The last time I refilled the prescription they put the bottle in a pill bottle (it usually just comes in the Pataday box, which is also teensy weensy) and on the pill bottle was a sticker, larger than the eye drop bottle, that said, "FOR THE EYE" . And I just thought, what else would you do with this? Or would it be so harmful to accidentally swallow it? Or is it that it wouldn't be effective if you took this some other way? I pictured people putting it on their skin as a topical or putting drops on their tongues and screwing up their faces in consternation, saying to their significant others in a twangy voice, "I cain't figger this out, it jus' ain't workin'! These gol' dang allergys is jus' as bad as before!"

On another note, it was a very sunny morning yesterday, the kind we live for here in the Seattle Metro but as we left for school the sun had briefly gone behind a cloud. The clouds were thick enough that you could stare right at the sun and see this shadowy round thing up in the sky - a perfect outline of the sun. Wilbur asked me what that round thing was in the sky and I said it was the sun, that the sun had gone behind a cloud. In a very concerned voice Wilbur said, "the sun doesn't move!" He said it like I was messing with the laws of the universe and shaking the very foundation on which he based his understanding of this world. So I said, "yes, you are right, the sun doesn't move -- I should have said the clouds came in front of the sun..."

No comments: