player

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Newton's Cradle

We got Emery a Garfield book for the trip. I have to admit that I hate Garfield. I had a roomate once who LOVED Garfield and the Family Circus. But Emery's best friend has all these Garfield books and Em thinks they are hilarious.

So, I got him one and he was reading it on the way home after church. Emery says to me, "Hey! Garfield made a Newton's Cradle out of spiders!" I didn't really even know what a Newton's cradle was until he showed me. Then he explained to me why it is called a Newton's Cradle and what Newton proved, he talked about Newton proving that energy could move through things (like the middle balls in the Newton's cradle). I asked him how he knew all that and he said he'd read it.

He also made up a joke... Who wrote the pig version of Dracula? Hamm Stoker.

1 comment:

KCG said...

I remember and love the story about you and the roommate going to the bookstore together. So funny.