player

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Die with a T

I am in the third week of a food plan... I'm doing Jenny Craig again. I actually haven't gained any weight since I did the program 10 years ago. When I weighed in I weighed exactly my former goal weight. The problem is that over those years I had lost a little more and this winter I put it back on. I think my body just looks different at this weight today than it did 10 years ago. And I'm unhappy with it.

I've lost about 2.5 lbs which isn't much but I don't have that much to lose. Being back on JC reminds me of how I ate when I first got out of treatment. Strict portion control and small meals followed by light snacks. I don't know why it's so difficult to keep that up except that you sort of have to think about eating all the time and I really hate that. Sometimes I wish that I could just go through the day being fed intravenously and not have to think about it.

I also was drinking alcohol to regularly - a glass of wine here and cocktail there and in the middle of the week as well. Those calories added up quickly. So that was the first thing I did - no more drinking during the week.

No comments: