player

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Whatever



Wilbur always puts his shoes on the wrong feet. I don't know why, we've gone over it a million times, he's a very capable, smart child... But for some reason he really insists on putting them on the wrong feet. If we are just headed out to school I don't really worry with it anymore. He looks a little like Eugene Levy in Waiting for Guffman and his two left feet, but no matter. When he gets to school he's going to change into his 'inside' shoes anyway. But if we are going somewhere together in public I have to insist that he change them; I think people will think, "now why wouldn't his mother put his shoes on the right feet?"




Yesterday, Emery had to stay after school to finish his geography work and Wilbur and I went over to Starbucks (a sign he instantly recognizes) to kill a half hour. As we walked from the car I told him that his shoes were on the wrong feet and couldn't we stop and switch them? He kept saying "no they're not" and I kept saying "yes they are" and finally he sighed and said, with great exasperation, "Whatever..."


No comments: