player

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The Game of Sweet Revenge


Sorry
Originally uploaded by sooz
We played LIFE on Sunday night and SORRY, the game of sweet revenge, last night. It's so fun to sit down, all four of us, and play games. We took a popsicle break in the middle and I raced the boys to the freezer (the free-standing freezer which is in the middle of a room which could loosely be described as the kitchen, only because there is a free-standing sink in there too).

{The house is really coming along. The 'joint compound guy' - who is a different guy from 'dry wall guy' - has been here all week. The deck is done and they are just finishing the two step downs. The bead board has gone up over the side porch by the dutch door and all the siding and trim outside is almost complete.}

Wilbur was so funny playing Sorry. He kept doing this funny thing when moving his pawn; counting really slowly and laughing a funny laugh.

Emery and I have been playing chess at this weekly appointment we have where they have a chess set in the waiting room, but it's really a joke b/c I am a horrible chess player. I know how the pieces are allowed to move and that's about it. When we play, Emery often looks up at me with this mixture of confusion and care; like he doesn't want to call me out since I am his mom, and he doesn't want to think that I am that stupid because, well, because I am his mom, or, I can see him thinking, "Maybe she's making genius moves that are so far beyond anything I know of chess and it just looks idiotic..."

Games are fun and hard. It's a good way to learn how to have fun winning and how to care not so much about losing - a difficult lesson to learn. Particularly with your family.

No comments: