player

Friday, February 27, 2009

Working Title

I have started trying to figure out what the children will do all summer. This is an annual task, fraught with pitfalls. The school offers day camps and we have some college student nannies who like to pick up summer work. Historically, whatever ratio of home care to school care I've tried I hear complaints. If they are home more than at camp they get bored. If they are at camp more than at home they miss the comforts of home. One thing I have begun to figure out is that I should just ignore all that bitching and not take it so personally. But both options are pricey and when they complain I feel bad that they aren't enjoying their summers and then I feel resentful because I've spent all this money - blah blah blah.

I am going to try and find some more challenging options for Emery - either technology or science camp - for part of the summer.

No comments: